At Sana Commerce, we are committed to an inclusive environment and recognize that our diverse workforce is one of our greatest strengths.
As an HR Analyst, you and the team ensure that our people can be their best selves and be successful in their work – you are the go-to person for our colleagues and their questions. We have offices worldwide, so you'll be in regular contact with colleagues from Medellín, New York, and our Headquarters in Rotterdam.
In addition, you will be supporting our HR (and Recruitment) team on a daily basis. From applying for visas to drafting contracts – it all comes along. It's an important task to have this perfectly in order, because it has a direct impact on our employees.
Of course, your role consists of much more than administrative responsibilities. As an HR Analyst, you know better than anyone how important the pre-, on- and off-boarding of an employee is. You get to fully pick up on this and take the new employees through this journey! Finally, you play a role in the employee engagement within the organization and are asked to actively think about how we can continue to improve engagement.
- Be the first point of contact for all first-line HR questions from employees.
- Take care of the local onboarding of new employees.
- In collaboration with the HR team to continuously increase employee engagement.
- Be responsible for the health & safety program.
- Sorting out employee-related legal issues, such as visa applications or work permits.
- In charge of the hiring process when the offer is accepted.
- Maintaining personnel files.
- Providing support for training courses.
- Administrative processing of sickness of employees to make sure the correct process is followed.
- Continuously increase employee engagement in collaboration with the HR team.
- Ensure operation of office equipment and facilities by completing preventive maintenance requirements, calling for repairs, managing the office lease, and possible adequations or supplies needed.
- Recently graduated or studying last semester in Business management or Psychology.
- Excellent communication skills. You must be fluent in Spanish and English.
- You are employee-centric, service oriented and enjoy helping people.
- Up to date with the latest local legislation and regulations linked to HR.
- Structured, organized and proactive work attitude.
- Excellent MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) and Adobe Acrobat skills.
- Accuracy and attention to details
- Excellent verbal and written expression
- Being able to prioritize
- Time management
- Steep learning curve
What’s in it for you?
Being part of a 50% year-over-year software company. You will be joining early in a fast-growing, international team with over 90 colleagues in both North America and Latin America. Globally the company has 500+ employees.
Personal development. We believe that as our company grows, our people should be able to grow with us. We value learning and development opportunities for all our employees. So, from learning on the job to training and coaching, it’s all there. Together with your manager, you are in charge of your own personal growth.
Entrepreneurial environment. We are a fast-growing international scale-up organization in software. We encourage initiatives and ideas from our people. We like to accomplish things together as a team;
Extra benefits: We offer flexible working hours, hybrid workplace, weekly team lunches, and monthly team events in addition to working in a high-paced and highly entrepreneurial environment at our office locate in Medellín with unlimited free fruits, snacks, coffee, and tea available for you.
It all started in 2007, with a pizza and a plan. One evening in Rotterdam, the Netherlands, five people came together over a pizza and set out to create a B2B e-commerce platform unlike any other. And Sana Commerce was born.
Sana Commerce is an e-commerce platform designed to help distributors, manufacturers and wholesalers succeed in an economy built on lasting customer relationships. How? By turning our customers’ SAP or Microsoft Dynamics ERP into the engine that powers their web store, unlocking total customer convenience, reliability without compromise, and effortless scalability.
Sana Commerce is currently powered by more than 400 employees. We all have our own expertise and specialties, from sales and marketing to project management and more. But we’re all driven by the same goal: to make our customers’ e-commerce projects a success.
Our core values
So, what does be a part of the Sana team mean? Below is a list of our core values — the most important beliefs we look for in new colleagues and the foundation of our company culture. They guide us in our decision making and they define Sana’s personality as an organization.
- Entrepreneurial. Sana exists today because a few people had a great idea and brought that idea to life. Sana continues to grow and thrive because that same entrepreneurial spirit is still strong within the company.
- Result-driven. We’re an ambitious group here at Sana, there’s no denying that. We set tough targets and give our all to reach them. Of course, we also know that being result-driven is about more than just KPIs. It’s about creating value, tackling challenges head-on, and supporting our colleagues in reaching their goals.
- Committed. No one said that getting 10,000 active clients by 2030 was going to be easy! We’re in it for the long haul. Through good times and bad, we stick together because we believe in our product, our promise, and our people.
- Team spirit. We love working together, learning from each other, and celebrating success. At Sana, everyone is eager to help their colleagues and success is always a team effort.
- Learning mindset. Sana Commerce employees will tell you when they know something and when they don’t. If they don’t, they’ll be committed to finding the answer. They are constantly looking to improve and challenge their existing knowledge base.