At Sana Commerce we are committed to an inclusive environment and recognize that our diverse workforce is one of our greatest strengths.
Are you interested in building a B2B e-commerce analytics solution as part of your master’s thesis? Do you want the opportunity to implement your data science and analytics skills in a real-life business scenario? Then this thesis internship is for you. The Sana Product Team and Information Management (IM) Team have been scoping a new AI or ML-enabled feature for our product, such as a product recommendation or predictive ordering algorithm. We are looking for a talented intern to take the lead on designing and coding the solution. We are still in the early stages of the process, having defined the ‘why’, but not the ‘what and ‘how’. Therefore, you will have some flexibility to choose the specific topic or solution that best matches your skills and interests. This will of course also require some creativity and entrepreneurial spirit from your side!
- Communicate with internal stakeholders from IM and Product, as well as potentially with our customers;
- Identify and clarify customer needs, and which solution from our shortlist will be best suited to solving those needs;
- Perform initial analyses on the data we provide to determine feasibility of the new feature;
- Conduct research into existing similar solutions on both the technical and business side;
- Select a final solution to work on (we will work together to ensure it is academically relevant for your thesis, as well as valuable for our customers);
- Design the methodology for the solution;
- Program the solution (preferably in Python);
- Evaluate the solution;
- Work with IM and Product to ensure the solution can be implemented across many customers.
What’s in it for you?
- Personal development. We believe that as our company grows, our people should be able to grow with us. We value learning and development opportunities for all our employees. So from learning on the job to trainings and coaching, it’s all there. Together with your manager you are in charge of your own personal growth;
- Onboarding and buddy program. It’s always quite new and exciting to start your next adventure. We value a strong onboarding. You will be joining our general onboarding, will be introduced to a buddy and will get a role specific onboarding as well;
- Entrepreneurial environment. We are a fast-growing international scale-up organization in software. We encourage initiatives and ideas from our people. We like to accomplish things together as a team;
- Health and well-being. We believe that every employee should be at their best. So, we like to help a little bit with that, physically and mentally. In our offices we have fresh fruits available, we offer sports sessions and we offer several workshops focused on health and wellbeing for our people;
- Extra benefits: We offer flexible working hours, hybrid workplace, Friday afternoon drinks in our very own bar (bi-monthly themed versions of this including dinner), having fun in our game room, Thursday toastie lunch and many more. Interested to learn more? Check our employee guide!
What you bring along:
- Starting on the thesis trajectory in a relevant master’s program (e.g. Data Science, Business Analytics, Business Information, Economics, Engineering, etc.).
- Experience and affinity with data and analytics: You are excited about creating analytical solutions to solve business problems. You’re comfortable with large data sets and have experience using: Python, R, SQL.
- Excellent communication skills: You are not afraid to speak your mind and push ideas forward. You can communicate in a clear, goal-oriented way that leaves no room for interpretation. You can take the lead in a conversation, but you also know when it’s time to listen.
- Strong organizational and time management skills: You always keep track of all the tasks you need to do, can set deadlines and communicate progress. You are well known for always delivering on time and sticking to your commitments.
- Creative & research skills: You leave no stone unturned, discover hidden insights and review trends and the competition.
It all started in 2007, with a pizza and a plan. One evening in Rotterdam, the Netherlands, five people came together over a pizza and set out to create a B2B e-commerce platform unlike any other. And Sana Commerce was born.
Sana Commerce is an e-commerce platform designed to help manufacturers, distributors and wholesalers succeed by fostering lasting relationships with customers who depend on them. How? By making our customers’ SAP or Microsoft Dynamics ERP and e-commerce work as one. This unlocks total customer convenience, reliability without compromise, and constant evolution.
Sana Commerce is currently powered by more than 500 employees. We all have our own expertise and specialties, from sales and marketing to project management and more. But we’re all driven by the same goal: to make our customers’ e-commerce projects a success.
Our core values
So, what does being a part of the Sana team mean? Below is a list of our core values — the most important beliefs we look for in new colleagues and the foundation of our company culture. They guide us in our decision making and they define Sana’s personality as an organization.
- Entrepreneurial. Sana exists today because a few people had a great idea and brought that idea to life. Sana continues to grow and thrive because that same entrepreneurial spirit is still strong within the company.
- Result driven. We’re an ambitious group here at Sana, there’s no denying that. We set tough targets and give our all to reach them. Of course, we also know that being result-driven is about more than just KPIs. It’s about creating value, tackling challenges head-on and supporting our colleagues in reaching their goals.
- Committed. We’re in it for the long haul. Through good times and bad, we stick together because we believe in our product, our promise and our people.
- Team spirit. We love working together, learning from each other, and celebrating success. At Sana, everyone is eager to help their colleagues and success is always a team effort.
- Learning mindset. Sana Commerce employees will tell you when they know something and when they don’t. If they don’t, they’ll be committed to finding the answer. They are constantly looking to improve and challenge their existing knowledge base.