At Sana Commerce we are committed to an inclusive environment and recognize that our diverse workforce is one of our greatest strengths.
Prioritize relationships, not just transactions. At Sana we believe that the core of successful B2B e-commerce lies with building and maintaining great relationships with customers. That is why we focus the development of our product on creating great customer convenience, enabling constant evolution of their e-commerce and providing a reliable shopping experience without compromises.
Sana Commerce has a global product team with members from all over the world. In the past years, our global product team has worked hard to be named as “Strong Performer” in the Forrester Wave of 2020. For our future growth, we are looking for a Product Owner Core, whose primary focus is to measurably increase the value of the core product for our Saas-customers.
Our software is a Saas-product, with biweekly releases. It provides our customers with a B2B E-commerce solution, meaning that our customers sell products through a webstore and maintain and develop online relationships with (prospect) buyers. The core of our value proposition lies in the integration of our software with the ERP of our customers. This integration allows us to use and display real-time data that is relevant to the buyers of our customers, such as sales agreements, up-to-date stock, real-time contextual pricing, etc. Because of this our customers are able to give an online shopping experience that perfectly mirrors and complements the relationship they have with their buyers. Next to the core of our product, we build and provide add-ons which further enrich the experience of the buyer and allow our customers to engage with their buyers in a meaningful way.
As more and more B2B-purchases are done online and the experience people expect in their working life match their personal and private experiences, your task will be to improve our core product to match those expectations. We measure our success by the amount of merchandise that is sold through the webstores of our customers. We believe that the better the shopping experience is, the more merchandise will be sold and the more successful our customers are.
Part of your challenge is to create constant value and improvements to our product, so our customers can improve their e-commerce continuously. The topics you will work on are diverse, but you should think of: stimulating cross and upsell through smart use of known customer data, enabling hyper-personalization of the shopping experience for buyers, improving marketing and sales results by optimizing the webshop capabilities.
To meet this challenge, you will:
- Keep up to date with trends in e-commerce and technology, market and e-commerce developments;
- Work together with your fellow Core-product owners, development teams, and stakeholders to define and execute a vision, strategy, and roadmap for our core product;
- Share this vision and strategy with our employees, partners, and customers via webinars and events globally;
- Be responsible for successful adoption of the product by our customers, and measurably contribute to their success.
The team you will be part of consists of 6 product owners, all based in the Netherlands. Our team is motivated, driven to succeed and diverse in backgrounds, workstyles, and personalities. We work hard, feel responsible for the end-result and each other, and like to keep an informal atmosphere. You will report to the Head of Product.
What’s in it for you?
- Personal development. We believe that as our company grows, our people should be able to grow with us. We value learning and development opportunities for all our employees. So, from learning on the job to trainings and coaching, it’s all there. Together with your manager you are in charge of your own personal growth.
- Onboarding and buddy program. It’s always quite new and exciting to start your next adventure. We value a strong onboarding. You will be joining our general onboarding, will be introduced to a buddy and will get a role specific onboarding as well.
- Entrepreneurial environment. We are a fast-growing international scale-up organization in software. We encourage initiatives and ideas from our people. We like to accomplish things together as a team.
- Health and well-being. We believe that every employee should be at their best. So, we like to help a little bit with that, physically and mentally. In our offices we have fresh fruits available, we offer weekly bootcamp sessions and we offer several workshops focused on health and wellbeing for our people.
- Extra benefits. We offer flexible working hours, Friday afternoon drinks in our very own bar (bi-monthly themed versions of this including dinner), table tennis, Thursday toastie lunch and much more. Interested to learn more? Check our employee guide!
What you bring along:
- At least 2 years of product owning experience;
- You have a customer centric approach and believe that an excellent customer experience is key for your success;
- You are an innovator and have an out of the box approach to challenges that reach beyond the product;
- You are able to manage stakeholders well and unite them behind a vision. You are a strong builder of bridges;
- You are an extremely quick learner;
- You have outstanding analytical skills, and you can handle complex and technical subjects;
- You like to satisfy our customers’ needs through regular product delivery;
- You have excellent leadership and communication skills at all levels of the organization (commercial and technical).
- You believe your are successful when you see it, using various kinds of data to validate assumptions, measure usage and adoption of your product, and adjust your priorities and backlog accordingly.
It all started in 2007, with a pizza and a plan. One evening in Rotterdam, the Netherlands, five people came together over a pizza and set out to create a B2B e-commerce platform unlike any other. And Sana Commerce was born.
Sana Commerce is an e-commerce platform designed to help distributors, manufacturers and wholesalers succeed in an economy built on lasting customer relationships. How? By turning our customers’ SAP or Microsoft Dynamics ERP into the engine that powers their web store, unlocking total customer convenience, reliability without compromise, and effortless scalability.
Sana Commerce is currently powered by more than 500 employees. We all have our own expertise and specialties, from sales and marketing to project management and more. But we’re all driven by the same goal: to make our customers’ e-commerce projects a success.
Our core values
So, what does being a part of the Sana team mean? Below is a list of our core values — the most important beliefs we look for in new colleagues and the foundation of our company culture. They guide us in our decision making and they define Sana’s personality as an organization.
- Entrepreneurial. Sana exists today because a few people had a great idea and brought that idea to life. Sana continues to grow and thrive because that same entrepreneurial spirit is still strong within the company
- Result driven. We’re an ambitious group here at Sana, there’s no denying that. We set tough targets and give our all to reach them. Of course, we also know that being result-driven is about more than just KPIs. It’s about creating value, tackling challenges head-on and supporting our colleagues in reaching their goals
- Customer-Centric. We’re in it for the long haul. Through good times and bad, we stick together because we believe in our product, our promise and our people
- Team spirit. We love working together, learning from each other, and celebrating success. At Sana, everyone is eager to help their colleagues and success is always a team effort
- Learning mindset. Sana Commerce employees will tell you when they know something and when they don’t. If they don’t, they’ll be committed to finding the answer. They are constantly looking to improve and challenge their existing knowledge base