At Sana Commerce, we are committed to an inclusive environment and recognize that our diverse workforce is one of our greatest strengths.
It all started in 2007, with a pizza and a plan. Sana Commerce is an e-commerce platform designed to help manufacturers, distributors and wholesalers succeed by fostering lasting relationships with customers who depend on them. We’re a fast-growing SaaS company that allows you to take ownership of your career.
As Senior Accountant, you will be joining the Americas finance team and be responsible for the accounting, control and compliance of the Americas region. As part of this team, you get the chance to work in an experienced international scaling-up environment and will report directly to the Director of Finance & Operations Americas. Aside from being a senior team member, you collaborate with the different managers from multiple departments (e.g. HR, Sales, Marketing, Projects, CSM) in the United States, Colombia and our global headquarters in the Netherlands.
What you´ll be doing:
Your main tasks will be to maintain accurate and complete accounting records for both our Colombian and US legal entities. You will guide the regional team and make sure that all financial administrative processes are following a daily, weekly and monthly rhythm. As part of this rhythm, you will also be in charge of the quality of our accounting processes, including compliance with the periodic statutory audits and required tax filings. In addition, you drive optimization, automation and improvements of these accounting processes together with the global finance team to further scale the business. To summarize your day-to-day activities:
- Be the senior team member that guides the regional team through their daily, weekly and monthly rhythm of financial administrative processes: Order-to-cash, Purchase-to-pay & Payroll.
- Manage compliance with Colombian payroll accounting, filings and payouts to employees and social securities.
- Ensure continuous compliance with local regulations in Colombia and the US and be the first point of contact for business partners that support Sana from legal, tax and accounting perspective.
- Be the first point of contact for external auditors and take responsibility on the monthly closing, preparation of periodic filings and audit requests.
What you´ll bring:
- Fluent speaking and writing in both English (advanced) and Spanish.
- A bachelor’s in Accounting.
- Certified Public Accountant in Colombia (licensed).
- Experience: You have at least 3 to 5 years of experience in accounting.
- You are a strong communicator, are resourceful and enjoy close collaboration with multiple departments.
- Experienced with and proficient knowledge of Colombian payroll, regulatory legislation and taxes.
- Experience with US accounting and compliance.
- You are very keen on details, structured and organized. You provide structure to the team when challenges pop-up
- You have a proactive work attitude, take ownership and responsibility.
- Strong analytical skills: You are good at interpreting data, identify trends and report on this to stakeholders.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize.
- Excellent Microsoft Excel and Outlook skills.
- (Preferred) Experience in the SaaS and/or e-commerce industry.
- (Preferred) Financial ERP knowledge with Microsoft Navision or Business Central.
What you´ll get:
- Personal development. We believe that as our company grows, our people should be able to grow with us. We value learning and development opportunities for all our employees. So, from learning on the job to training and coaching, it’s all there. Together with your manager, you are in charge of your own personal growth.
- Onboarding and buddy program. It’s always quite new and exciting to start your next adventure. We value a strong onboarding. You will be joining our general onboarding, will be introduced to a buddy, and will get a role-specific onboarding as well.
- Entrepreneurial environment. We are a fast-growing international scale-up organization in software. We encourage initiatives and ideas from our people. We like to accomplish things together as a team.
- Health and well-being. We believe that every employee should be at their best, that’s why we want to offer you private healthcare and a contribution to fitness subscription.
- Extra benefits: We offer flexible working hours, a hybrid working schedule, Friday afternoon drinks, weekly lunch with your team, and monthly social activities.
Who we are:
So, what does it mean to be a part of the Sana Commerce team?
- Entrepreneurial. Sana Commerce exists today because a few people had a great idea and brought that idea to life.
- Result-driven. We also know that being result-driven is about more than just KPIs. It’s about creating value, tackling challenges head-on, and supporting our colleagues in reaching their goals.
- Customer-Centric. We’re in it for the long haul. Through good times and bad, we stick together because we believe in our product, our promise, and our people.
- Team spirit. At Sana Commerce, everyone is eager to help their colleagues and success is always a team effort.
- Learning mindset. Sana Commerce people are constantly looking to improve and challenge their existing knowledge base.