At Sana Commerce we are committed to an inclusive environment and recognize that our diverse workforce is one of our greatest strengths.
As a data engineer within the Information Management team you are responsible for gathering, processing and making available the data that is important to Sana Commerce. Data are at the heart of our business, feeding our reports and analytics solutions that support critical business decisions. You will be working on including new data sources in our environment using a combination of middleware, ETL tooling and custom tools. Next to that, this data is made available through our Data Warehouse which we are continuously improving to make it as easy as possible for our data scientists and analysts to access our company data.
Currently, we rely on the Azure stack for our data infrastructure. We use Azure Data Factory as our main orchestration tool, Azure SQL DB as our data warehouse and PowerBI for our reporting layer. While this setup works well for us currently, we expect you to always strive to further improve the infrastructure to make it more efficient. You will be responsible for the whole Sana data infrastructure, which covers domains like our product data, Marketing and sales data, customer success data and delivery data.
- Define and own the data engineering roadmap for gathering and making our data available;
- Recommend and implement improvements and modifications to existing data and ETL pipelines;
- Improve and maintain our data warehouse;
- Work with our data analysts to create business-friendly views of our data;
- Maintaining our PowerBI reporting environment through data refresh optimization;
- Deploy and maintain our machine learning models;
- Work closely with domain-specific data engineers to create a unified data infrastructure.
What’s in it for you?
- Personal development. We believe that as our company grows, our people should be able to grow with us. We value learning and development opportunities for all our employees. So from learning on the job to trainings and coaching, it’s all there. Together with your manager you are in charge of your own personal growth;
- Onboarding and buddy program. It’s always quite new and exciting to start your next adventure. We value a strong onboarding. You will be joining our general onboarding, will be introduced to a buddy and will get a role specific onboarding as well;
- Entrepreneurial environment. We are a fast-growing international scale-up organization in software. We encourage initiatives and ideas from our people. We like to accomplish things together as a team;
- Health and well-being. We believe that every employee should be at their best. So, we like to help a little bit with that, physically and mentally. In our offices we have fresh fruits available, we offer sports sessions and we offer several workshops focused on health and wellbeing for our people;
- Extra benefits: We offer flexible working hours, hybrid workplace, Friday afternoon drinks in our very own bar (bi-monthly themed versions of this including dinner), having fun in our game room, Thursday toastie lunch and many more. Interested to learn more? Check our employee guide!
What you bring along:
- Minimum of 2 years hands-on experience in data engineering environment;
- College degree that demonstrates your analytic abilities, such as Econometrics, Computer Sciences, Mathematics or similar;
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Experience with cloud data infrastructure like Azure data factory, Azure Synapse, Azure Data Lake storage;
- 2+ years of experience in SQL and C#;
- Experience in Python is a plus;
- Ability to contribute both independently and as part of a team;
- Excellent communication skills in English.
It all started in 2007, with a pizza and a plan. One evening in Rotterdam, the Netherlands, five people came together over a pizza and set out to create a B2B e-commerce platform unlike any other. And Sana Commerce was born.
Sana Commerce is an e-commerce platform designed to help manufacturers, distributors and wholesalers succeed by fostering lasting relationships with customers who depend on them. How? By making our customers’ SAP or Microsoft Dynamics ERP and e-commerce work as one. This unlocks total customer convenience, reliability without compromise, and constant evolution.
Sana Commerce is currently powered by more than 400 employees. We all have our own expertise and specialties, from sales and marketing to project management and more. But we’re all driven by the same goal: to make our customers’ e-commerce projects a success.
Our core values
So, what does being a part of the Sana team mean? Below is a list of our core values — the most important beliefs we look for in new colleagues and the foundation of our company culture. They guide us in our decision making and they define Sana’s personality as an organization.
- Entrepreneurial. Sana exists today because a few people had a great idea and brought that idea to life. Sana continues to grow and thrive because that same entrepreneurial spirit is still strong within the company.
- Result driven. We’re an ambitious group here at Sana, there’s no denying that. We set tough targets and give our all to reach them. Of course, we also know that being result-driven is about more than just KPIs. It’s about creating value, tackling challenges head-on and supporting our colleagues in reaching their goals.
- Committed. No one said that getting 10,000 active clients by 2030 was going to be easy! We’re in it for the long haul. Through good times and bad, we stick together because we believe in our product, our promise and our people.
- Team spirit. We love working together, learning from each other, and celebrating success. At Sana, everyone is eager to help their colleagues and success is always a team effort.
- Learning mindset. Sana Commerce employees will tell you when they know something and when they don’t. If they don’t, they’ll be committed to finding the answer. They are constantly looking to improve and challenge their existing knowledge base.