“How you present yourself is half the battle. With Sana, our site is beautiful and informative.”
– Sue Sabatino, SVP of Strategic Growth and Information Technology at aden + anais
About aden + anais
In 2003 Raegan Moya-Jones, then pregnant with her first child, struggled to find muslin wraps used by moms in her native Australia to swaddle their babies. Every swaddle she found was too small and too thick for her new baby girl, Anais. Not willing to settle for less, Raegan became a baby industry entrepreneur, and launched aden + anais in July 2006 in New York. Today you can find their products in thousands of stores worldwide.
“Sana Commerce is like an extension of our team. We get great service and great guidance. This is critical because as a start-up, we don’t have money to throw away, either on vendors or on downtime”
– Sue Sabatino | SVP of Strategic Growth and Information Technology at aden + anais
Scaling up Without Compromise
In 2010, the company was looking to streamline its ordering process for its retailers. aden + anais’ products had been traditionally carried and sold largely by boutique stores that cater to new and expectant mothers and people looking for high-end gifts. But big box stores and international boutiques also started showing interest in carrying their products.
To address this need, aden + anais started looking for a way to simplify ordering for these retailers. The new solution had to check a number of boxes, though: it had to be cost-effective, and it still had to let the company focus on existing boutique customers while growing other areas of the business.
At the same time, Sana Commerce was beginning the start of its U.S. expansion.
“Having identified a number of growth opportunities and riding on the wave of its European success, Sana opened its office in the United States in 2009. aden + anais was one of Sana Commerce’s first U.S. partners.”
Delivering a Great Online Buying Experience
aden + anais chose Sana Commerce as their e-commerce partner to help them scale their merchant business. The two companies collaborated closely to deploy the web store to the U.S. and several other regions, and aden + anais hasn’t looked back since.
- The seamless integration between Sana Commerce and aden + anais’s ERP system means their web store can use customer-specific logic such as pricing, inventory and order history in real time in the web store. Their ERP remains the single source of truth—no need to replicate and maintain multiple databases.
- With the new web store, aden + anais’ dealers have the freedom to place orders whenever it suits them. These enterprising retailers can focus on running their business during the day, and take care of admin after hours.
- The new e-commerce setup has also improved admin processes for aden + anais: much of the company’s order processing and fulfilment process has been automated, saving time and improving efficiency.
“Sana Commerce is like an extension of our team. We get great service and great guidance. This is critical because as a start-up, we don’t have money to throw away, either on vendors or on downtime.”
Working with Sana Commerce, aden + anais was able to expand their business without sacrificing the brand’s core value. Their web stores look like a boutique, are tailored to each region, and provide the right information and imagery for retailers to truly get a feel of the products.
“How you present yourself is half the battle,” says Sabatino. “With Sana, our site is beautiful and informative.”
Together the companies have enjoyed an eight-year long relationship that is still strong today. The e-commerce market evolves continuously and is radically different today than it was nearly a decade ago. Sana Commerce helped aden + anais build a strong foundation that has helped them capitalize on market opportunity and navigate market challenges as it sets it sights on the next decade.
Learn from others
Read the stories of some of our most successful clients and be inspired.